[torqueusers] [torquedev] TORQUE 2.5.4 released

Steve Crusan scrusan at ur.rochester.edu
Tue Dec 28 11:14:09 MST 2010

Nice work!

Just to be clear, at the moment, one cannot set an attribute in the queue
configuration (or the server¹s nodes file) for GPUs, but only in the node¹s
mom_config file? I couldn¹t find anything in the source to support something
similar to setting resource attributes for a node:       set node bh001 gpus
= $

As for the second part about qrun (this may be a question for the maui
list...), is it necessary to use the qrun to manually run a job with a
nodes=$:ppn=$:gpu=$ in the resource listing? I was under the impression that
using GRES (in Maui) could support this type of functionality, at least in a
limited way.

Sorry rather basic questions, we¹ve just gotten some GPUs in, and we¹re
working to integrate them with the rest of our cluster as seamlessly as
possible.

Thanks!

~Steve

On 12/28/10 12:45 PM, "Ken Nielson" <knielson at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:

>    It needs to be noted that currently, only the Moab 6.0 scheduler is able to
> schedule jobs using GPU support.  If jobs are submitted with schedulers other
> than Moab 6.0 the jobs can be executed using the qrun command.
>
>  Ken Nielson
>  Adaptive Computing
>

>  On 12/28/2010 10:24 AM, Ken Nielson wrote:
>>   TORQUE 2.5.4 has been released.
>>
>>  GPGPU support is a new feature that has been added to this release. GPUs can
>> be allocated and consumed similar to the way np (processors) are allocated
>> and consumed. The current support is configured in the
>> $TORQUE_HOME/server_priv/nodes file. Future versions of TORQUE will add
>> auto-detection of GPUs plus report statistics for GPUs. For more information
>> about how to use GPU support in Torque visit
>> http://www.clusterresources.com/products/torque/docs/1.5nodeconfig.shtml
>>  and also section 2.1.2 at
>> http://www.clusterresources.com/products/torque/docs/2.1jobsubmission.shtml#r
>> esources
>>
>>  Several bug fixes were made to this version of TORQUE. See the CHANGELOG in
>> the distribution to review these fixes.
>>
>>  The tarball can be downloaded from
>> http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/torque-2.5.4.tar.gz
>> <http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/torque-2.5.4.tar.gz>
>>
>>  Thanks to everyone who helped get this build ready for release.
>>
>>  Ken Nielson
>>  Adaptive Computing

Steve Crusan
System Administrator