[torqueusers] How to configure Torque with PAM right? (and cpuset also!)

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Dec 20 17:16:40 MST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 05:40:08PM -0500, Gus Correa alleged:
> Hi Garrick
>
> Many thanks for your very clear explanations, as usual.
>
> 1) I will use the new PAM libraries as you suggested.
>
> **
>
> 2) I know asking for better documentation isn't good etiquette,
> but since Santa Claus is coming to town, it may be worth trying.
>
> The Torque Admin Manual, section 3.4 Host Security, only talks
> about the old pam_authuser:
>
> http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/3.4hostsecurity.shtml
>
> It would be great to have it updated, perhaps to a writeup
> extracted from your email, pointing to the new PAM,
> or explaining how to setup either the new or the old PAM.
> A few examples of pam config files for each version would be great also.
>
> **

There are lots of ways to do this, this is one:

  for pamfile in /etc/pam.d/*;do
    echo "account    sufficient   pam_pbssimpleauth.so" >> $pamfile
  done
  for i in ftp login rlogin rsh sshd; do
    echo "account    required     pam_access.so" >>/etc/pam.d/$i
  done

University of Southern California

Life is Good!