[torqueusers] location of pam module

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 23:28:59 MST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Lloyd Brown <lloyd_brown at byu.edu> wrote:
> Can anyone provide any insight as to where the Torque "make rpm" process
> decides to place the pam_pbssimpleauth.so module?  I compiled 2.4.7 a
> while ago, and it put it into "/lib64/security", but I recently
> recompiled with a slight (and unrelated) patch from Adaptive, with the
> same syntax (at least I think so), and it put it in "/lib/security".  I
> don't think I did anything different that would have caused this, but
> I'm really not sure what parameters or environmental factors could have
> caused this to change.

The .spec file in the source tree has a number of issues. I don't
recommend it. The code has a confusing and inappropriate hardcoding of
RPM macro values based on the settings from the ./configure operation,
and does not use the '%_var' or '%_bindir' values of normal RPM's to
control them. This makes resetting your Torque homedir, or
documentation location for your particular OS, rather difficult. It
also has woven in some under-tested support for compiling in DRMAA
features.

I've given up on it, and tried porting the 2.4.10 SRPM to version
2.4.11. That works well, and includes configuration files and sensible
hooks for graphical tools, and for compiling the "doc" package as a
"noarch" RPM, if your RPM version can deal with that. I'll post it if
you like.