[torqueusers] directory with spaces in the name

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Dec 15 11:25:48 MST 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 06:29:21PM +0100, Jaap Dijkshoorn alleged:
> Hello,
>
> We are runnig torque 2.4.11 and i noticed that if you have a directory
> with spaces in it and you submit your jobscript from it, it won't
> generated the .o and .e files in your homedir/<subdir with spaces/.
> pbs_mom is unable to copy back the files and put them in undelivered.
>
> Is this known behavior? It looks like a buf to me.

Since there are a few layers of subshells, it is next to impossible to get this
right. scp uses a shell on the remote end, but cp doesn't. Argh!

Avoid metacharacters in filepaths in Unix.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!