[torqueusers] TORQUE 2.5.3 released

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Mon Dec 13 15:39:38 MST 2010

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 at 17:26 -0000, Ken Nielson wrote:

> We are pleased to announce the TORQUE 2.5.3 is now available for
> download.

I've installed this today.  I'm having a number of problems with other
hardware and software, but there is one thing in Torque which bit me
again.  Previously I thought is was just my unfamiliarity with things,
but this time I looked a little deeper at it.

The torque server package installation (installing packages created
with "make packages") overwrites /var/spool/torque/server_priv/nodes.
This has required me to recreate the nodes file each time I reinstall
torque.

My suggestion is that $PBS_SERVER_HOME/server_priv/nodes should be
added to conffiles in ./buildutils/self-extract-head-sh.

I haven't tried this yet.

Stuart
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone