[torqueusers] route_destinations, can this be sent to another pbs_server?

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Wed Dec 8 17:23:00 MST 2010

> > Sure it does.
> >
> > route_destinations += queue at server
> >

> Maybe we should add an example showing that you can set
> route_destination to a queue on the local system and you can set it to a
> queue running on another host as well.
>
> Here is the link to the docs.
>
> http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/4.1queueconfig.shtml
>
> Look for route_destinations.

> Ken

Even if you can do it, that does not make it advisable.  From the point of view of the client, I think the jobs will have disappeared (to a non-default server that qstat will not query without extra options) and the stdout/stderr might get returned at the end of the job if you are lucky (well blessed with a super sysadmin).

My point is that you would only want to do this with considerable thought into other aspects of the setup.  It would be nice if someone would provide a summary of what else matters in such a setup if someone thinks such a setup is a great idea.

-- Gareth