[torqueusers] TORQUE 2.4.10 released

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 09:12:42 MDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:

> Yes, verbatim.
>
> %define configure_args ''@ac_configure_args@

*Not* verbatim. That's what the shell parsed and passed along to the
"./configure" script, not what the author typed at the command line.
For example, "./configure --prefix=$HOME/torquedir" will get recorded
with ac_configure_args "--prefix=/home/nkadel/torquedir".

> %build
> CFLAGS="%{optflags}" ./configure %{?configure_args}

And this is *horrid* practice, because if the .spec file manager or
author changes the "__libdir" as set earlier in the script, it's
overridden. So are the options for building drmaa or the gui.

.spec files usually assemble their "configure" options, for example
with the '%configure' macro, which works well, and by adding or
disabling components such as drmaa with a flag controlling the use of
the ''--enable-drmaa" configure option.

The EPEL .spec files are pretty good about this, but they don't
currently support the drmaa utilities, which is why I'm looking at
them.