[torqueusers] TORQUE 2.4.10 released

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Aug 27 23:49:22 MDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:11:22PM -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia alleged:
> it overwrites RPM defaults and stuffs things in /usr/local, which is
> also why I'm waggling my finger at the authors of it. Tsk, tsk: The
> default "/usr/local"  default prefix for autoconf built tools is
> overridden by default RPM macros to be "/usr" in almost every RPM
> based OS, for pretty sound reasons. That's why I'm waggling my finger
> at the authors of that particular .spec file for building RPM's.

We've been through this before. It matches upstream defaults.

> It also doesn't seem to work for enabling the drmaa toolkit: the
> "--enable-drmaa" option doesn't get fed to the "./configure" command,
> even if the feature is enabled in the .spec file. This is why I'm
> looking at them: if the drmaa features actually get used by anyone,
> cool, let's make sure they work in the .spec file. If not, let's
> remove them from the .spec file and not pretend they're a feature that
> can be enabled. Such features drive me *crazy*.

I just tried it with the 2.4.10 tarball and it worked fine. I got torque-drmaa
and torque-drmaa-docs rpms.

When you ran ./configure, at the end, did it say "drmaa=yes"?

University of Southern California

Life is Good!