[torqueusers] Final release candidate for 2.3

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Aug 23 11:08:51 MDT 2010

We have posted a new 2.3 snapshot which is a candidate for the final 2.3
release, 2.3.12.

When we released 2.3.11 the release post said we would be winding down
this branch. We would like to make it official but before we do we want
to make sure this snapshot works for everyone interested. There is only
one fix in this release. It is a patch for bug 61 which fixes a problem
where the MOM changes the permissions and mode on the /dev/null file.

Our intention is not to collect all of the final bugs everyone has
before we deprecate the 2.3 branch but to make sure nothing in this
patch breaks anything and that it indeed repairs the problem in bug 61.

The snapshot can be downloaded at
http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/snapshots/torque-2.3.12-snap.201008231033.tar.gz
<http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/snapshots/torque-2.3.12-snap.201008231033.tar.gz>

Please download this patch and verify the bug 61 fix.

Thanks

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing