[torqueusers] Upgrade from 2.1.*

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Tue Aug 17 17:18:58 MDT 2010

Ken Nielson wrote:
> On 08/17/2010 12:14 PM, Glen Beane wrote:
>> that would be good.  Although I'd really love to get rid of just
>> dumping the struct right to disk and have something that can be
>> extended without jumping through hoops to maintain compatibility.
>>

> Did I hear XML?
>
> serverdb is now an XML file in trunk. How about job files as well?

No. I'm not in favor of doing something like this. Imagine a third party
application, say like PBSQuery having now to parse XML!

It might work well for the small systems you guys mess around on, but
I'd really like us all to consider what happens when hundreds of
thousands of jobs are present, as even with the current implementation
things are uberslow sometimes.

-Josh