[torqueusers] Upgrade from 2.1.*

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Aug 17 12:02:57 MDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 01:46:27PM -0400, Glen Beane alleged:
> know about, sometimes other developers change the job structure and I
> don't know about it) I add additional upgrade code to handle that

What? We've had job struct changes slip by unnoticed?

We should get something in the build system that checks this. Maybe have a
define with the known size (per arch?) and an assert()?

   #define JOBSTRUCT_KNOWN_SIZE 48
     assert(sizeof(pjob->ji_qs) == JOBSTRUCT_KNOWN_SIZE)

It would make it a serious pain to change it; and that's the point.

Can a compile error be raised based on the size of a struct?

University of Southern California

Life is Good!