[torqueusers] Green computing - Power on/off

rishi pathak mailmaverick666 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 03:05:59 MDT 2010

Power aware scheduling should not restricted to node power on and off(costly
affair), it should also facilitate for fine grained power control at node
leve(CPU throttling, power to memory banks). Although we have not evaluated
MOAB for green computing, but by looking at documentation, it seems like
moab does not still provide for it. Also it would be better if previous
usage patterns are considered and not just the idle time for a node.

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:39 PM, David Beer <dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com>wrote:

> I know that Moab has a way to do this, but that involves buying Moab.

Regards--
Rishi Pathak
National PARAM Supercomputing Facility
Center for Development of Advanced Computing(C-DAC)
Pune-Maharastra