[torqueusers] extend running jobs

Stijn De Weirdt stijn.deweirdt at ugent.be
Wed Aug 4 07:19:30 MDT 2010

> > > using what commands?
> > >
> > qalter, eg:
> > {{{
> > qalter -lwalltime=120:00:00 4222620
> > }}}
>
> This may not work!  Stijn wanted to extend beyond the maximum allowed
> walltime for a _queue_.  I have tried using qalter as above and Maui
> killed the job at the queue's max walltime regardless of the jobs
> walltime setting.

i have no time right now to try this, but you can defined queue/class
maximum walltime in maui/moab, so this might be ok (ie raise the queue
walltime in maui. normal jobs will be stopped by torque, extended jobs
by maui)

i'm just a bit busy with some other issues, wil try this asap.

thanks for the suggestions!

stijn

--
http://hasthelhcdestroyedtheearth.com/