[torqueusers] extend running jobs

Justin Finnerty justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de
Wed Aug 4 07:09:18 MDT 2010

> >> An administrator can extend a job beyond the maximum allowed
> >> walltime for a queue.
> >>
> > using what commands?
> >
> qalter, eg:
> {{{
> qalter -lwalltime=120:00:00 4222620
> }}}

This may not work!  Stijn wanted to extend beyond the maximum allowed
walltime for a _queue_.  I have tried using qalter as above and Maui
killed the job at the queue's max walltime regardless of the jobs
walltime setting.

I am not sure how to get around this.  Certainly you need the qalter
command above but you need to try some other things to get around the
queue walltime limit.  Here are a few suggestions but I have no idea if
they will work!

* set up a queue and QOS that has no walltime limit then do the qalter
above and also a qmove and setqos?

* do qalter above and use qmgr to change queue walltime limit
temporarily!

Cheers
Justin Finnerty

Dr Justin Finnerty . . . . .email: justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de