[torqueusers] trusted hosts for torque with a separate head node

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" SimonT at mail.muni.cz
Sun Aug 1 15:26:50 MDT 2010

> I have a question regarding the list of trusted hosts for torque.
> Namely, the head node (called gadolinium in my case) it is an old dual-core Xeon machine.
> This node is having the functionality of running the torque server, but it is also the
> main NFS server, so I explicitly want to exclude this box from the list of compute nodes, which
> are octocore Xeons. Thus, gadolinium it is not included in the server_priv/nodes file.

What scheduler are you using? We use a special node/queue attribute for
this which makes nodes accessible only from certain queues. Then you
just set the proper ACL on the queue and you are done.

This is used by sysadmins for maintenance mode.

> On the other hand I am monitoring all nodes with pbs_mom and Ganglia (head node included).
> The problem is that the log messages are full with the entries:
>
> Aug  1 04:17:46 gadolinium PBS_Server: LOG_ERROR::is_request, bad attempt to
> connect from 192.168.199.254:1023 (address not trusted - check entry in server_priv/nodes)

Well, that means exactly what the error says. Only nodes specified in
the nodes file can connect to the server.

--
Mgr. Šimon Tóth