[torqueusers] Bad UID for job execution MSG=ruserok

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 06:03:18 MDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Jody Klymak <jklymak at uvic.ca> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I rebooted my OS X 10.5.6 cluster and suddenly started getting this
> error:
>
> qsub: Bad UID for job execution MSG=ruserok failed validating jklymak/
> jklymak from saturna.cluster

I've seen this a lot with OS X 10.5 (users not getting validated properly).
Its almost like when pbs_mom tries to validate that the user/group exist
whatever service OS X 10.5 uses for that is not running.  I think after
ssh'ing to the node and loging out and submitting the job again it magically
worked in my case.  I never debugged it further because I haven't had a OS X
cluster since the Tiger days...  Let me know if you find anything out