[torqueusers] Changing queue type crashes pbs_server.

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at cc.uit.no
Wed Apr 28 15:33:13 MDT 2010

This is probably a no-no but I was just toying around with a test cluster
anyway.

I changed a queue type from Execution to Route while it was executing jobs.
qmgr gave the following warning, but did seem to abide to my mad desires

qmgr -c "set queue default queue_type = R"
qmgr obj=default svr=default: Warning: type of queue default incompatible with
attribute resources_assigned

the system continued to work for a while but when it tried to start a new job
pbs_server crashed and will not start again.  It gives the following message
on startup before exiting

 pbs_server: svr_func.c:228: set_resc_assigned: Assertion `pjob->ji_qhdr-
>qu_qs.qu_type == 1' failed.

rolling back to my default setup is a no-brainer, but I thought I'd report
this anyway.

This is on Rocks 5.3 (aka CentOS 5.4) with torque 2.4.6.

Regards,
r.