[torqueusers] MPI version of "make" ?

Charles Johnson charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Apr 15 12:49:55 MDT 2010

On Apr 15, 2010, at 1:38 PM, Bill Benedetto wrote:

> Does anyone happen to know if there is an MPI version of "make"?
> Specifically, we're looking for something that would run a "make"
> across a number of nodes.
> Thanks for any help/suggestions/ideas!
If you are wanting nothing more than a single command line to execute
"make" across nodes, and you have rsh enabled, then you can use multi-
rsh: http://is.gd/bujQZ

We use it when "puppet" is way overkill.

If, however, you want sophisticated error recovery and reporting, then
it is not the tool.

Charles Johnson
Vanderbilt Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education