[torqueusers] MPI version of "make" ?

Charles Johnson charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Apr 15 12:49:55 MDT 2010

On Apr 15, 2010, at 1:38 PM, Bill Benedetto wrote:

> Does anyone happen to know if there is an MPI version of "make"?
>
> Specifically, we're looking for something that would run a "make"
> across a number of nodes.
>
> Thanks for any help/suggestions/ideas!

If you are wanting nothing more than a single command line to execute
"make" across nodes, and you have rsh enabled, then you can use multi-
rsh: http://is.gd/bujQZ

We use it when "puppet" is way overkill.

If, however, you want sophisticated error recovery and reporting, then
it is not the tool.

Charles

--
Charles Johnson
Vanderbilt Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education