[torqueusers] Change in interactive job behavior from previous torque versions.

Justin Bronder jsbronder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 10:56:50 MDT 2010

On 14/04/10 13:19 -0400, Glen Beane wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM, David Beer <dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com>wrote:
>
> > I talked to the developers who worked on this, and they assumed that
> > submitting qsub -I pbsi.sh would just ignore pbsi.sh, so they thought this
> > wouldn't changed the behavior. I will try to resolve this.
> >

> this change in behavior is still catching torque users off guard.  I think
> the change should be backed out and the devs that added this need to find a
> different way to accomplish what they need (maybe a new command line
> argument and not hijack the -I argument)
>
> -glen

For what it's worth, changes like this and other problems in the 2.4 series
were why I didn't even package it for Gentoo until 2.4.6.  While I did
finally release the package for testing, I will not push this on our stable
users until there is some sense of coherence between Adaptive and the
experienced users on this list.

It seems to me that if this is a feature (?) desired by some of the
developers at Adaptive, then Glen has suggested the best solution.  Are there
any barriers to implementing it?

Thanks,

--
Justin Bronder