[torqueusers] Torque Compiler Options

Chris Vaughan chris at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Apr 15 09:58:00 MDT 2010

Thanks Glen

>> CXX and F77 won't matter in compiling torque because C++/fortran compilers
>> aren't used.  I doubt you would see a noticeable difference using a >> commercial C compiler like Intel or Portland Group to compile TORQUE because >> it isn't CPU bound.

Hi,

I see there are multiple compilers you can specify for compiling torque, I've always used the default. Are there any performance increases in using another compiler other than the standard gcc? Has anyone ever tried it?

Some influential environment variables:
CC C compiler command
CXX C++ compiler command
F77 Fortran 77 compiler command

Thanks,

--

Chris Vaughan | Technical Consultant - EMEA

--

Chris Vaughan | Technical Consultant - EMEA

Adaptive Computing | Mobile: +44 7800 973062 | Office: +44 1483 243578

3000 Cathedral Hill | Guildford GU2 7YB | United Kingdom