[torqueusers] Curious question

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Apr 15 00:41:45 MDT 2010

On 31/03/10 00:55, Charles Johnson wrote:

> About the nodes file ... I have always been under the impression that
> the nodes file gives an ordering to nodes selected for jobs, i.e.,
> nodes at the top of the list are considered before nodes at the
> bottom.

In my experience Moab (and Maui) tend to pick from the end
of the nodes list by default (assuming those nodes can satisfy
any resource requests).

On our current SGI cluster I've actually inverted the
node list to make it start from the top first. :-)

With your issue with seeing is start partway down, are the
jobs requesting resources that cannot be satisfised by nodes
further down the list ?