[torqueusers] Sourcing files does not work

Coyle, James J [ITACD] jjc at iastate.edu
Wed Apr 14 15:16:09 MDT 2010

G. ,

   Perhaps I am missing the point, but it looks like you are mixing shells
which do not have the same syntax for setting variables.

   You are in the tcsh when you issue the command

source /home/gdim/.bashrc_modified

but in the tcsh, csh style commands are expected (e.g. setenv PATH ${PATH}:/usr/local/bin  )

while in a Bourne style shell like bash you would expect something like:

export PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/bin

  I'd guess the problem is that you should use

#!/bin/bash

As exactly the first line of your script rather than #!/bin/tcsh
likely the sourcing would work.

  Alternatively you could put the csh equivalents of the commands you
need in the file  ~/.cshrc

which would automatically be sourced by a script starting with #!/bin/tcsh.

 James Coyle, PhD
 High Performance Computing Group
 115 Durham Center
 Iowa State Univ.