[torqueusers] Restrict queue to group?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Apr 8 09:16:09 MDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 09:47:46AM -0500, Coyle, James J [ITACD] alleged:
> time is secondary. (After all, what good is a parallel program that solves
> your problem in 15 minutes after a wait in the queue of 48 hours, if you
> could have solved the same problem on a desktop in 4 hours.)

I tell that to people all the time. They get excited to use a "cluster" and go
through this long allocation process to get access. Once on the cluster, all
they run are some single-threaded programs. Why not just run that on your
desktop?

University of Southern California

Life is Good!