[torqueusers] Torque configuration questions for multi-core nodes

Coyle, James J [ITACD] jjc at iastate.edu
Thu Apr 1 16:14:29 MDT 2010

David,

  I have 16 core nodes, on a new machine, up from 4 core older machines,
so I have a situation similar to yours.

  I have the serial queue defined as an execution queue separate from the
default routing queue.  Users can either issue qsub -q serial scriptname
or place
#PBS -q serial
in their job scripts and they are then forced into serial.

  Users are asked not to submit jobs with ppn > 1 to the serial queue,
and so far none have done so.

Best of luck,
 - Jim C.

 James Coyle, PhD
 High Performance Computing Group
 115 Durham Center
 Iowa State Univ.           phone: (515)-294-2099
 Ames, Iowa 50011           web: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jjc