[torqueusers] (no subject)

Adrian Sevcenco Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch
Tue Oct 20 08:58:31 MDT 2009

Tran Hung wrote:
> HI, I'm newbie in TORQUE.
> I installed TORQUE-2.3.6 on Ubuntu ( 32 bit Desktop Edition), I
> installed pbs_mom, pbs_server, pbs_sched on the same machine. i think
> the installation is ok, no error on terminal. But how can i check it's
> ok. I run command pbs_server, pbs_mom. pbs_sched, that;s ok.
>
> My /etc/hosts contains 2 lines
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> 127.0.1.1 hungtx
never use this class of addresses. if you just want to have worker on
master (your head node to process also jobs) just let it be ...
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
is a holy line of text that must remain there (FIRST) in /etc/hosts
if you want an hostname associate that hostname with the network
interface that you have.