[torqueusers] number of nodes problem - SOLVED

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Fri Oct 16 17:50:15 MDT 2009

Hi Kirill,

As far as I understand, nodes=8 implicitly means nodes=8:ppn=1, ie. 1 core on each of 8 nodes rather than 8 whole nodes.  Depending on the scheduler setup this could result in 8 core on one node - so what you saw was not unexpected.

You probably had a different scheduler configuration/version after the reinstall which would account for the changed behavior.

If you want all of 8 nodes (assuming 8 cores per node) you should specify nodes=8:ppn=8.

cheers,

Gareth