[torqueusers] 2 cpus on a same node

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Fri Oct 16 17:48:57 MDT 2009

> I'd like to use two cores belonging to two different cpus on the same
node. How can I achieve that?

Hi Nicolas,

request the whole node and then do whatever you have to do...

You might want/need some way of controlling cpu affinity, such as cpusets. If you have cpuset support build into torque, you could do something like create sub-cpusets within the job for each core (or for the right set of cores) and make sure the processes you care about get started in those cpusets.  There are probably simpler ways but I think you'll still need the whole node.

cheers,

Gareth