[torqueusers] Job submission problems to busy nodes

David Sheen sheen at usc.edu
Wed Oct 14 16:39:43 MDT 2009

List,
We've been having a problem with submitting jobs to our cluster when we have
moderate usage.  In the past, when a job would normally be submitted to a
node with high load, Maui (or Torque?) would move the job to the next
available node.  Now, the job is sent to the high-load node, and the node
rudely tells the job to screw off.  It exits with (I believe) exit status 1,
and nothing is written either to the output or to the error file.  I'm using
the following settings in my maui.cfg file:

NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY  CPULOAD
NODEACCESSPOLICY SHARED
JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY EXACTNODE

Thoughts?

David Sheen

Sent from Los Angeles, California, United States