[torqueusers] problem PBS torque when submit job with MPICH

Luca Nannipieri nannipieri at pi.ingv.it
Mon Nov 30 04:20:00 MST 2009

we have a Rocks 5.0 installation with PBS/torque roll, myrinet-mx roll
and intel roll.
If compile my program with /opt/mpich-mx/bin/mpif90  and run with
/opt/mpich-mx/bin/mpirun without PBS, the job works fine without errors.
If we submitted the same job with PBS torque, received the follow error:

/opt/torque/mom_priv/jobs/1094.hpc2.pi.ingv.it.SC: line 12:
/opt/mpich-mx/bin/mpirun: No such file or directory

you can see the job script below:

#---------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
#PBS -l nodes=5:ppn=4
#PBS -l walltime=240:00:00
#PBS -A ongaro
#PBS -N prova_intel-mx
#PBS -m abe
#PBS -M nannipieri at pi.ingv.it
export PBS_RSHCOMMAND=/usr/bin/ssh
export RSHCOMMAND=/usr/bin/ssh
cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR
/opt/mpich-mx/bin/mpirun -np 20 -machinefile $PBS_NODEFILE
/home/nannipieri/pdac_intel-mx.x

we do not understand where is the problem.

--
Ing. Luca Nannipieri
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia