[torqueusers] Torque problem

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Thu Nov 19 02:51:29 MST 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:04:04 +0100
Ainhoa Bilbao Porres wrote:

> Thanks a lot Arnau,
>
> But the problem is that all the nodes are alike,they have same
> properties.When i run "pbsnodes -a " the result it's the same for
> them.Just one difference,THE HOSTNAME so i need to find some field
> where i can tell the queue "only accept to submit jobs in those
> nodes".Perhaps i can try to get it with MOAB creating a partitions
> with particular nodes. I don't know if i explain fine.

We do not use moab. We do queue/node match with torque.
Can't you add extra property to nodes?

we have some special nodes that have that "extra property":

$ pbsnodes node1.pic.es
node1.pic.es
     state = free
     np = 8
     properties = slc5_x64

$ pbsnodes node2.pic.es
node2.pic.es
     state = free
     np = 8
     properties = slc5_x64,sgm

so, you could create a queue that request that new property:

# qmgr -c "l q sgm"
Queue sgm
[...]
resources_default.neednodes = sgm

and the normal queue:

# qmgr -c "l q normal"
Queue normal
[...]
resources_default.neednodes = slc5_x64

so node2 can run jobs from normal queueu and from queue sgm and node1
only from queue normal.... isn't it what are you try to confgiure?

> Regards.
HTH,
Arnau