[torqueusers] ANNOUNCE: New version of openpbs/torque python interface (3.5.0)

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Thu Nov 12 08:06:15 MST 2009

=========== 3.5.0
  * PBSQuery
        The class functions of node, job and queue support old and new data
        structure.

        Changed the behaviour of the new data stucture, We can use it as
        dictionary and as class attribute, this is equivalent, eg:
          - print node['np'] and print node.np

        for a node we parse the 'status' line and split on '=' char, You
        now can use these statements, eg
          - print node.status.arch
             (node['status'].arch or node['status']['arch'])
          - print node.status.nsession

        for a job we parse the 'Variable_List' line and split on '=' char,
        You now can use the statements, eg:
          - print job.Variable_List.PBS_O_WORKDIR
          - print job.Variable_List.PBS_O_HOME

	For more info see examples/new_interface.py

    Author: Bas van der Vlies

 * new_rack_pbsmon.py
        Rewrite to new data structure and automatically determine how many
        nodes and racks cluster has and skip printing of empty racks
        (default), use -w/--wide for old behaviour.

   Author: Bas van der Vlies

the latest stable pbs_python interface is available from:
         ftp://ftp.sara.nl/pub/outgoing/pbs_python.tar.gz

Information, documentation and reporting bugs for the package:
         https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/pbs_python

===== Brief description =========================================

Pbs_python interface is a wrapper class for the OPENPBS/TORQUE C LIB
API. Now you can write utilities/extensions in Python instead of C.

--- Testing the package:

The test programs are include as a reference how to use the pbs
python module. You have to edit some test programs to reflect
your PBS/Torque installation.

pbsmon.py        - ascii xpbsmon
rack_pbsmon.py   - ascii xpbsmon by rack layout
pbsnodes-a.py    - pbsnodes -a
pbs_version.py   - print server version
set_property.py  - set some node properties
resmom_info.py   - queries the pbs_mom daemon on the nodes
logpbs.py        - Shows the usage of the PBS logging routines
new_interface.py - Example how to use PBSQuery module
PBSQuery.py      - python <install_path>/PBSQuery.py (has builtin demo)

For more info about SARA see:
         http://www.sara.nl/index_eng.html