[torqueusers] qdel from submission host

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Nov 10 13:58:08 MST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:51:21AM -0800, Naveed Near-Ansari alleged:

> We have a cluster that has a submission host.  This host will need to be
> able to use the q* commands for deleting jobs and such. I am able to
> submit jobs just fine from the machine, and can run qstat, but cannot
> delete jobs:
>
> -bash-3.2$ qstat
> Job id                    Name             User            Time Use S
> Queue
> ------------------------- ---------------- --------------- -------- -
> -----
> 19552.nupackdev           TestJob          naveed          00:00:00 R
> default
> -bash-3.2$ qdel 19552.nupackdev
> qdel: Unknown Job Id 19552.nupackdev.local
> -bash-3.2$
>

> Should i be able to do this, and how do i set it up.  I didn't see any
> reference to it in the docs.

Your submit host is calling jobs nupackdev.local, but the server is calling
jobs nupackdev.  They need to match.

Look at things like the server_name file on the submit host, the server_name
server attribute in qmgr, and the forward/reverse name resolution of the server
as seen by the submit host.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!