[torqueusers] qdel from submission host

Naveed Near-Ansari naveed at caltech.edu
Tue Nov 10 12:51:21 MST 2009

We have a cluster that has a submission host.  This host will need to be
able to use the q* commands for deleting jobs and such. I am able to
submit jobs just fine from the machine, and can run qstat, but cannot
delete jobs:

-bash-3.2$ qstat
Job id                    Name             User            Time Use S
19552.nupackdev           TestJob          naveed          00:00:00 R
-bash-3.2$ qdel 19552.nupackdev
qdel: Unknown Job Id 19552.nupackdev.local

Should i be able to do this, and how do i set it up.  I didn't see any
reference to it in the docs.

Thank you,