[torqueusers] wait for job completion

Tony Schreiner schreian at bc.edu
Wed May 27 13:47:19 MDT 2009

I'm transitioning a cluster from Platform/LSF to Torque, and one of
the ways the cluster is used is to run jobs submitted over a web cgi
front end. In the cases that the run is short enough, the results
would be returned on a web page.  This relied on the bsub -K option in
LSF which doesn't return control to the shell until the job is finished.

Is there something equivalent in Torque? Or has anybody hacked another
way to do this? I can imagine setting up a semaphore file on a shared
directory, but I'm hoping for something simpler.

thank,
Tony Schreiner
Boston College