[torqueusers] Stagein with shared file system

rishi pathak mailmaverick666 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 01:57:13 MDT 2009

Dear Kashif

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Kashif Mohammad
<Kashif.Mohammad at cern.ch>wrote:

>  Hi
> I have installed a torque batch system with one headone and two compute
> node on a shared home directory. I am able to submit test job but when I try
> to submit job with stagein directive, it stays in W stage and never
> completes. I have added
> $usecp *:/home /home  in /var/spool/torque/mom_priv.

This is only for post job o/p file processing/transfer

> Although in shared home directory no body use stagein but I have a specific
> test case where I have to use stagein.
> From the torque manual, I got the idea that stagein uses rcp/scp only, is
> it right?

True.  Passwd less rcp(rcp/scp) should be enabled from remote host to
execution host & vice versa.  For local testing as you are trying to do  you
will have to setup passwd less rcp(with what PBS was configured) for
execution node .

> And suppose I want to enable scp, so do I have to reconfigure torque
> with with-scp option.
>
> Any hints
>
> Regards
> Kashif