[torqueusers] wrong pbs server name

Samir Gartner jigzat at gmail.com
Thu May 21 13:26:57 MDT 2009

Ok Gus and everyone. Thanks again for your answers.

There is no pbs_sched on /etc/init.d but it is here:

/usr/local/src/torque-2.3.6/contrib/init.d/pbs_sched
/usr/local/src/torque-2.3.6/tpackages/server/opt/pbs/sbin/pbs_sched
/usr/local/src/torque-2.3.6/src/scheduler.cc/.libs/pbs_sched
/usr/local/src/torque-2.3.6/src/scheduler.cc/pbs_sched
/opt/pbs/sbin/pbs_sched

I was thinking copying /opt/pbs/sbin/pbs_sched to /etc/init.d. Is it right
to do that?

Sorry about the "manually" word. It is local slang I guess. What I mean is
that I went to the /opt/pbs/sbin/ folder and executed ./pbs_sched

hostname output is:

rufian.perrera.local

hosts file contain:

#127.0.0.1              localhost.localdomain localhost
<--------------------------Is this wrong?
::1             localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
127.0.0.1 rufian.perrera.local rufian
192.168.2.6 auyin.perrera.local auyin
192.168.2.4 pelusa.perrera.local pelusa
192.168.2.2 lamparita.perrera.local lamparita

network content is:

NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=rufian.perrera.local
DOMAINNAME=perrera.local

I dont have /etc/sysconfig/pbs_server nor /etc/sysconfig/pbs_sched either