[torqueusers] Torque module for pdsh ?

Kamil Kisiel kamil at zymeworks.com
Thu May 14 15:30:23 MDT 2009

On 14/05/09 12:41 , "Ole Holm Nielsen" <Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk> wrote:

> I was recommended to use Parallel Distributed Shell
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdsh/ for parallel commands
> on our cluster.  The pdsh command has a very nice flag
> that will execute a command on the nodes belonging to
> a certain jobid, but only if you use the Slurm resource manager.
>  From the pdsh(1) man-page:
>
> slurm module options
>         The slurm module allows pdsh to target nodes based on  currently  run-
>         ning  SLURM jobs. The slurm module is typically called after all other
>         node selection options have been processed, and if no nodes have  been
>         selected,  the  module  will  attempt to read a running jobid from the
>         SLURM_JOBID environment variable (which is set when  running  under  a
>         SLURM  allocation).  If SLURM_JOBID references an invalid job, it will
>         be silently ignored.
>
>         -j jobid[,jobid,...]
>                Target list of nodes allocated to the  SLURM  job  jobid.  This
>                option  may  be  used  multiple  times to target multiple SLURM
>                jobs. The special argument "all" can  be  used  to  target  all
>                nodes running SLURM jobs, e.g.  -j all.
>
> Question: Did anyone already write a Torque module for pdsh ? IMHO this
> would be a very useful thing to have.
>
> Thanks,
> Ole Holm Nielsen
> Technical University of Denmark

I've always been interested in having one for a while as well. Haven't been
able to set aside any time to look at an implementation though.

Notice of Confidentiality: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error
please contact the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then
immediately delete this transmission including all attachments without copying,
distributing or disclosing the same.