[torqueusers] What is the Maximum no of compute Nodes in torque

Ken Nielson knielson at clusterresources.com
Tue May 12 09:00:26 MDT 2009

I have been looking at the code to see if there is a hard limit set to the maximum number of nodes you can have but I do not see any. There is a limit of 1024 simultaneous connections but Torque uses a request reply protocol so each command sequence starts with a connect followed by an exchange of data and a closing of the socket. This may cause a bottleneck for large clusters but it in no way inhibits the number of nodes possible.

Ken Nielson
Cluster Resources