[torqueusers] Authentication on cluster nodes

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Mar 23 16:36:40 MDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:21:03PM +0100, delaplag alleged:
> 4sure i'm also using it.
>
> In fact my question was more : do you need to get every users
> available on each nodes. I've seen that there is a pam module which
> maybe can fit my request (pam_pbssimpleauth)
>
> The final point would be that domain users are only known on submit
> nodes and computing nodes are not even talking with AD.

Yes, users need to be visible on the compute nodes.

How you do that is up to you.  There are lots of reasons for different methods.
I've used NIS and LDAP in the past.  I currently use flat files.

> Does pam_pbssimpleauth is made for that ? I've a build error, can
> someone provide a bit of support for building it?

pam_pbssimpleauth provides authorization (not authentication or
identification).  It OK's a login if the user has a job running.  If the
authenticating user does not have a running job on that node, then the login is
rejected.

What was your build error?

University of Southern California

See the Prop 8 Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/