[torqueusers] Torque informations

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sun Mar 22 13:02:03 MDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 07:52:21PM +0100, Nicolas Moulin alleged:
> Hello,
>    I use Torque and I have two questions about its working.
>
> - I use the following commands in a PBS job script :
>    #PBS -N myjob
>    #PBS -o myjob.out
>    #PBS -e myjob.err
> I would like to do why the files myjob.out and myjob.err are created and
> the end
> of the execution of the program?

The stdio files are spooled on the execution and copied to the submit host at
the end of the job.

> - My second question is about the qstat command. When I use the qstat
> command in root user,
> I can check the jobs of all users. But when I'm another "normal" user,
> on my own job are listed.
> Thus, how can I checked all the job when I'm a "normal" user?

set server query_other_jobs = True

University of Southern California

See the Prop 8 Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/