[torqueusers] Hogging Nodes

pat.o'bryant at exxonmobil.com pat.o'bryant at exxonmobil.com
Fri Mar 20 11:54:40 MDT 2009

Sarah,
     More more point. I would comment your use of  "JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY".
Just don't specify anything. The way it is coded implies only 1 job is
allowed on a node at a time and I don't think that is what you want.
           Thanks,
            Pat

J.W. (Pat) O'Bryant,Jr.
Business Line Infrastructure
Technical Systems, HPC

             Sarah
             Mulholland
             <smm at rincon.co                                             To
             m>                       "Gareth.Williams at csiro.au"
             Sent by:                 <Gareth.Williams at csiro.au>
             torqueusers-bo                                             cc
             unces at superclu           "torqueusers at supercluster.org"
             ster.org                 <torqueusers at supercluster.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                      RE: [torqueusers] Hogging Nodes
             03/20/09 09:55
             AM

There are a lot of great suggestions, but none seem to fit our situation
exactly.  Yes, we only want to affect the usage in question (a particular
program or two). In the general case we want all processors on all nodes to
be available.

The ppn=2 solution might be the best approach if we could write a little
bit of software to make half the jobs do nothing.

Thank you to everyone who replied.

Sarah