[torqueusers] Hogging Nodes

Sarah Mulholland smm at rincon.com
Fri Mar 20 08:55:14 MDT 2009

There are a lot of great suggestions, but none seem to fit our situation exactly.  Yes, we only want to affect the usage in question (a particular program or two). In the general case we want all processors on all nodes to be available.

The ppn=2 solution might be the best approach if we could write a little bit of software to make half the jobs do nothing.

Thank you to everyone who replied.

Sarah