[torqueusers] Hogging Nodes

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Thu Mar 19 18:06:43 MDT 2009

Hi Sarah,

You seem to have the solution now, but this will globally affect all jobs and this may not be desirable if you have a mixed workload.  You could use the softer approach of submitting the jobs in question with
"-l nodes=10:ppn=2" and then just only running 10 processes.  You may need to customize your options used with mpi in this case, but it would only affect the usage in question and not all users.

Cheers,

Gareth