[torqueusers] Hogging Nodes

Sarah Mulholland smm at rincon.com
Wed Mar 18 17:47:46 MDT 2009

I sent this question to the maui group over a week ago, but there was no answer.  Perhaps this question is more appropriate to the torque group.

I am running the maui scheduler 3.2.6 patch level 16 with torque 2.1.6.  I am looking for a way to submit a job on some number of nodes, say 10.  In addition to running on 10 nodes, I want exclusive use of those nodes.  Is there a property I can set to allow that kind of scheduling?   So far I'm submitting jobs with

            "-l nodes=10:ppn=1"

Specifically I have a job that needs to run on 10 processors all on different nodes.  We have two processors per node.  The JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY EXACTNODE makes sure our job gets what it needs, but I want to prevent anything else from running on the second processor of the 10 nodes.

Is there a "don't-share-the-nodes" modifier that I can set on the job submission?  In the maui.cfg?

Thanks