[torqueusers] Problem about $PBS_NODEFILE

tracy_luofengji tracy_luofengji at 126.com
Thu Mar 19 00:27:41 MDT 2009

Dear all,
I have installed torque-2.3.0 on 4 machines:1 master and 3 slaves. When I start the pbs_mom of the slave machines and use "pbsnodes -a" to check their status, the result is correct: 3 machines are list and the status of all the 3 machines are "free".
But if I submit a job script on the master to check the $PBS_NODEFILE, as following:
#PBS -o /usr/local/out
#PBS -e /usr/local/err
And then I used "vim /usr/local/out" to check the output, found that there was only 1 node (the first slave node) displayed in the output file. Why?
Any help will be appraciated.