[torqueusers] Need Suggestions for a qmgr script for multicore cluster

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Wed Mar 18 12:27:25 MDT 2009

Hello Samir,

	You'll want to make sure you that your /var/spool/torque/server_priv/nodes file
lists each node and includes the number of cores on that nodes, so for a dual
socket, quad core system the file should include the nodes hostname, followed by
np=8. For example:

node0 np=8
node1 np=8
node5 np=8

You will need to restart pbs_server to make any changes take effect. Also, you
can confirm the proper setting by using pbsnodes -a, and check to make sure
pbs_server has a np=8 line for each node.

-Joshua Bernstein
Software Engineer
Penguin Computing