[torqueusers] Need Suggestions for a qmgr script for multicore cluster

Samir Khanal skhanal at bgsu.edu
Wed Mar 18 10:14:38 MDT 2009

Hi All

I have a compute cluster with 6 compute nodes with a quad core Intel in each.
(total 24 cores and 6 nodes)
I have configured Torque for single core computers previously.

How is it different to configure a multicore computers with torque?
I am using torque pbs_server version 2.3.6 that came with Rocks clusters.

Basically i want to run MPI applications.

Currently i have following q properties

create queue batch
set queue batch queue_type = Route
set queue batch max_running = 24
set queue batch route_destinations = serial
set queue batch route_destinations += parallel
set queue batch enabled = True
set queue batch started = True
#
# Create and define queue default
#
create queue default
set queue default queue_type = Execution
set queue default enabled = True
set queue default started = True
#
# Create and define queue parallel
#
create queue parallel
set queue parallel queue_type = Execution
set queue parallel Priority = 50
set queue parallel resources_max.nodect =6
set queue parallel resources_max.nodes = 6
set queue parallel resources_max.walltime = 48:00:00
set queue parallel resources_min.nodect = 1
set queue parallel resources_min.nodes = 1
set queue parallel resources_default.nodect = 2
set queue parallel resources_default.nodes = 2
set queue parallel resources_default.walltime = 01:00:00
set queue parallel enabled = True
set queue parallel started = True

Could you please give me some suggestions so that i can utilize the cores and nodes properly.

Thanks
Samir