[torqueusers] in a C/ C++ program how to submit a parallel job and wait for the processing result before executing subsequent codes

chenyong cy163 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 9 10:18:34 MDT 2009

thanks for your fast response.

Let me elabrate on my question.

In my application, a C/C++ socket program (running at a compute node) receives data submitted by the user and then it forwards the data to a parallel program for data-processing on a IBM BladeCenter, finally the C/C++ program collects the processing result and return the result to the user.

My question is how to call the parallel program from the C/C++ program. Using pbs_connect

CC: torqueusers at supercluster.org; lam at lam-mpi.org; mpiexec-request at osc.org; mpiexec-request at osc.edu