[torqueusers] torque with Matlab

Naveed Near-Ansari naveed at caltech.edu
Tue Jun 23 13:18:22 MDT 2009

We are using it on a general use cluster, not just for matlab, so we use
torque/maui as the RM/scheduler.  I do not have a step by step doc, but
what i sent will get you most of the way there.  I did have some trouble
when implementing a qsub filter, so if you use this function, keep that
in mind (though i figured it out and reimplemented).

Are you using a general purpose cluster for mpi and matlab, or single
use only for matlab?  If it is only for matlab, the built in scheduler
would be simpler, but for a multipurpose cluster, you will likely need
to use torque or something else seperate.

Mathworks was actually pretty good at helping deal with the issues i did
have.

We did find we had to increase our Parallel toolbox licenses was it was
actually in production use since it does check that out when doing the
job submission from within matlab

Naveed