[torqueusers] accounting

Jon Tegner tegner at nada.kth.se
Tue Jun 23 13:09:12 MDT 2009

Hi,

We need to monitor the usage of our cluster resources, and we need to
now how much time is spent by different projects (a user can work on
several projects). So what I need to do is the following:

1. Each user should supply a project number when submitting a job.
2. If the project number is not a valid one the job should be rejected.
3. We need to extract the relevant information from the
server_priv/accounting/2009xxxx-file.

I can do 1 and 3 if I let all nodes have "project-properties", but I
haven't managed to find out how to achieve 2.

Can this be done in torque? And surely there is a better approach than
this one?

Regards,

/jon